What to Expect
Preparing for your installation can be a daunting process. We are here to help make every step as seamless as possible. Below you will find information on our process, preparation tips and links to explain more about your specific Installation.
Questions? Concerns? Your feed back is important to us. Click HERE
Your Installation Timeline
Curious about our Installation Process? Outlined below are the main steps in a standard installation. Have questions? Please reach out to us and one of our friendly office staff will be in touch!
- 1) Requesting a Detail
- 2) Measurement
- 3) Scheduling
- 4) Pre-Installation
- 5) Installation
- 6) Post- Installation
Scheduling Your Detail
Once you have requested a detailed measurement, our staff will reach out to schedule a time for one of our outstanding estimators to come to your home and take measurements. You will be scheduled for a four hour window on your preferred date. The night prior to your measurement you will receive a call to let you know of a more accurate time to expect the estimator. If you have any questions or are looking to cancel or reschedule, please reach out to us immediately.
Day of Measure
Our estimators will arrive during the window which you have scheduled. If you would like a call when they are on their way please let us know, they would be happy to reach out to you.
Please make sure to go over the following with your estimator:
- What is the year of your home? (For Lead and Asbestos Concerns)
- Any existing damage to your flooring ( i.e. water damage, rips and tears, breaks in tile etc)
- Preference of seam placement for carpet or sheet Vinyl. ( While we will do our very best to accommodate your seam preference, the layout and product may not allow for certain seams. The estimator will work with you closely to make sure you will be satisfied.)
- Any furniture you would like our teams to move during installation
- Any areas that are optional (you may or may not want installed after quote has been given)
- If you want mutiple colors or types of floorings and where you would like them
- Any pets that may be on site during install
After your measure is completed:
You will receive an estimate withing 48-72 business hours after the measurements have been taken.
Scheduling Your Install
Once ALL of your flooring product is in and accounted for, one of our friendly Scheduling Coordinators will reach out to you within 48 hours. Our staff will work with you to select a convenient install date and arrival window.
Weather: Please keep in mind that inclement weather may impact your installation. Treacherous roads may inhibit or delay the installer from reaching your home. In such cases, you will be contacted as soon as possible to be rescheduled.
Preparing for Your Install
If you have paid for furniture moving, the independent Contractor will move normal household furniture on the day of installation.
- Please make sure any and all personal items are removed from all furniture to be moved.
- We also ask that you remove any glass items, including wall art.
- Any furniture that will not fit through a standard doorway will need to be broken down as much as possible prior to the arrival of the installer.
- Contractors will not move certain items such as antiques, electronics, pianos, pool tables, waterbeds, aquariums, safes, pin ball machines, exercise equipment, sleep number beds, boxes/totes etc.
- If you have questions regarding specific items, please feel free to reach out to us.
If you have NOT purchased furniture moving, please arrange for ALL furniture to be removed from any areas in which flooring will be installed
Day of Install
The morning of your scheduled install, our installers will arrive during the two hour window which you have scheduled. This time is to allow our crews to travel and to pick up any product that may be needed for installation.
Our installers will go over your new flooring prior to installation to assure that everything matches your anticipated products. At this time they will also go over any seam placement that may be needed
If you have purchased furniture moving, our installers will move furniture as directed by the job contract and detail.
If you have purchased removal of your existing flooring, our installers will begin to remove as directed by the job contract and detail. Please note, we are not able to remove any vinyl flooring or tiles in houses built prior to 2004, due to possible asbestos.
Our installers will then begin to install your new flooring, making sure that everything is in accordance with the manufacturer guidelines.
Once completed our installer will clean any debris from your new flooring as well as sweep/vacuum the area. At this time our installer will walk you through the completed project to ensure you are fully satisfied. You will be asked to sign a Certificate of Completion and will be asked if you would like to keep any remaining products.
After your Install
Your feedback is important to us. If you are in need of assistance or you would like to let us know how your install went, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Please note, you may receive a call surveying your experience with our installers as well as their craftmanship and professionalism. If for any reason you feel that our installers did not meet your expectations or you are having any issues with the installed flooring, please reach out to us immediately so that we can rectify the situation.
Premier Services Group does warranty all flooring for up to one year from the date of installation.